New Year’s Eve in Germany wouldn’t be the same without a large bowl of this, for even a meager gathering of 4 people. Very easy to make, and delicious.Difficulty: Easy. Preparation Time: 20 minutes. Portions: 11 cups, approximate.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 750 ml bottle of dry white wine
- 750 ml bottle of dry red wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dark Jamaican rum
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a large pot, while stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the wines and bring the mixture to a simmer. Stir in the rum and lemon juice.
- Ladle the punch into cups and serve warm.