So today we are going to discuss exactly what you can place in your Rumtopf. This is a very easy lesson. You can place many fruits in there.
These are the best candidates for a good Rumtopf (make sure fruits are pitted, cored, and with stems/leaves removed, if applicable):
- Pineapple (cut into large chunks)
- Cherries (any variety)
- Peaches (cut in halves, quarters, or slices)
- Apricots (halves)
- Nectarines (halves)
- Plums (half or quarter)
- Pears (peeled and sliced)
- Grapes (sweet seedless red or green grapes are ideal)
- Strawberries (don’t wash, just remove stem & leaves).
- Raspberries (don’t wash).
- Red currants