This is a festive holiday drink, made to serve family and friends to celebrate Christmas and New Years (Silvester). You may also substitute the wine with a non-alcoholic version.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Portions: 2 – 3.
- 1 bottle of red wine (750 ml)
- 4 eggs (or 8 egg yolks)
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- one packet of vanilla sugar
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- splash of lemon or lemon juice
- Whisk the sugar into the eggs (or egg yolks) and add a little cold red wine, and then beat vigorously.
- Add the vanilla sugar, mixing in thoroughly.
- Add the remainder of the red wine and heat with some cinnamon, cloves, and lemon juice.
- Just before it comes to a boil, remove the pot from the heat. Strain and let cool a bit.
- Serve hot and foamy.
Read more Eierpunsch mit Rotwein – Egg punch with Red Wine Recipe