This is a wonderful garnish for Rote Grütze.
Preparation time: 2 hours
Servings: 2-1/4 cups of sauce, 4 – 6 servings.
- 2 cups whole milk or half and half
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Bring milk to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar and salt together in a medium bowl until the mixture is thick and well-blended.
- Slowly pour the hot milk into the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Return to pan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 15 – 20 minutes, or until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Do not allow sauce to boil.
- Immediately pour into a glass bowl and stir in the vanilla.
- Cover the top of the sauce with plastic wrap to prevent a skin. Refrigerate until needed.
**This is a thin, pouring sauce that you may also serve in a pitcher. Use chilled, or at room temperature.
Makes 4 Servings
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 224||Cal. from Fat 76|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 8.5g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||19%|
|Monounsat. Fat 3g|
|Polyunsat. Fat 1g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.2g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
0 comments on “Vanillesauce – Vanilla Custard Sauce Recipe”
2 Pings/Trackbacks for "Vanillesauce – Vanilla Custard Sauce Recipe"
[…] bowls. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 24 hours. This is traditionally garnished with a Vanilla Custard Sauce. Print This Recipe […]
[…] Serve it with a vanilla custard sauce. […]