Veal cutlets are a popular way to prepare veal, and usually combined with a sauce, which can vary from region to region. They can also be prepared and eaten on bread, or as an entrée without sauce.
Preparation Time: 1 h 30 min.
- 4 large veal chops boned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup bread crumbs (plain)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 4 parsley sprigs
- Pound veal with a meat pounder until very thin, being careful not to tear the meat.
- Beat the eggs with lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, cheese, and seasonings. Dip the veal in egg mixture and then in the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly.
- Place the meat on a cookie sheet in single layer and refrigerate, covered with wax paper, for at least 1 hour to help keep coating intact when cooking.
- Sauté veal until lightly browned on both sides, 7-10 minutes in all, in butter or olive oil
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges and parsley.