Aside from being very expensive, flavored coffee creamers tend to have a lot of unpronounceable ingredients. For some, this time of year is a fine time to flavor one’s coffee. It can be comforting on a cold day, or festive with friends and family over a holiday celebration. So what to do? Make your own! It is very easy, and one batch will last about two weeks in the refrigerator.
You will need:
- 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups cold skim milk
Now, to make your flavoring. These are suggestions, but feel free to experiment with your own flavor combinations, or adjust the amounts to suit your taste.
- Chocolate Almond: 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pumpkin Spice: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla: 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Amaretto: 3 teaspoons almond extract, 1 teaspoon cherry extract
- Cappuccino: 1 teaspoon almond extract, 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Strudel: 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon almond extract.
- Chocolate Raspberry: 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons raspberry syrup
Place all of your ingredients in a container with a tight lid and shake vigorously. If you prefer, you can put everything into a blender and pulse to blend it. Then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Be sure to give it a shake every time you use it, in case anything has settled. Last but not least, enjoy your coffee!