Anyone that has been to a German city, particularly Berlin, will know that you can’t walk a block without finding an Imbiss (food stand or cart) or pub, that serves Currywurst. It is the best fast food, that only requires a plastic toothpick to eat. And it is also super easy to make at home.
To make this authentic in appearance and taste, knockwurst is the best to use. However, I have made it with hot dogs to great effect. As a German vegetarian recipe option, why not try soy dogs? The typical side dish to serve this with is french fries, or Pommes. I make my own, but you could also buy bagged for an even quicker meal.
Preparation Time: 35 minutes.
- 1 package of knockwurst (5 links) OR 1 package of hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 8-ounce cans of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder