While traditional Baumkuchen would be impossible to create in a home kitchen, it is possible to make a mock version which is almost as good. This recipe requires some work, but will go well with coffee, especially around the holidays.
Preparation Time: 45 min.
- 7/8 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 7/8 cup cornstarch
- 5 1/2 ounces almond paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 9 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Read more Baumkuchen – Tree Cake Recipe