This is a good one pot stew for cold nights. Serve with some warmed, crusty bread on the side.
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 15 ounce can, crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can of white kidney beans
- 1 can, chicken broth
- 3/4 cup, sauerkraut
- 1 Tbsp basil, fresh ground
- 1/2 cup dry macaroni
- 1/2 cup, romano cheese, grated
- In large soup pot, saute onion and garlic in oil. Add ground pork, stirring constantly to break it up. Cook until browned.
- Add in tomatoes, beans, basil and broth. Boil briefly, then turn to low heat and cook covered for 10 minutes. Add in sauerkraut and continue to cook another 5 minutes.
- Add macaroni, cooking for recommended time until macaroni is cooked through.
- Sprinkle in cheese, mixing well. Serve.