A yummy, basic, rum cake recipe. This is especially good as a cold weather dessert. Serve with cherries over the cake for extra yum factor.
Preparation Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes.
- 1 pound flour (this is about 3 -4 cups, but check the flour weight for best results)
- 3/4 pound butter, softened
- 6 ounces sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup rum
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place softened butter into a large bowl. Add sugar to butter and cream together well.
- Scramble egg in small bowl and add into the butter mix. Mix well.
- Next, add in flour, a cup at a time, mixing all very well.
- Last, blend in the rum. Use a hand mixer if necessary.
- Place batter in a prepared (lightly greased with cooking spray) springform pan. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar across the top.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Check at about 45 minutes and test with a toothpick.