I LOVE this slaw recipe! I adapted it from a Pennsylvania Dutch cookbook. It is super easy, and great in the summer. This is one of those salads that gets better with age, so make it a day ahead if you can.
Preparation time: 15 minutes (3 – 4 hours for chilling)
- 1 bag of shredded cabbage (slaw mix, common in the produce section)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish, prepared
- Pour cabbage mix into a large bowl. Rinse well, and blot dry with paper towel.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Stir dressing into cabbage very well.
- Place salad in an airtight container, and refrigerate for several hours.