This is a very easy dish, particularly popular in Bavaria. It is a great comfort food, and takes very little work, and few ingredients.
Preparation time: 40 min.
- 1 lb Fresh egg noodles
- 4 tb Grated Swiss cheese or Emmentaler
- 1/2 lb Ham, diced
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tb To 2 tb butter
- 1 c Sour cream
- 2 tb Bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the noodles in salted water and drain; they can also be left over from the day before.
- Fill a souffle pan with alternate layers of ham and noodles; salt lightly and put some of the sour cream and some grated cheese over each layer.
The top layer should consist of noodles.
Dot with little bits of butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
In another version of this casserole, the ingredients are all mixed together in one bowl, along with 3 eggs, the souffle pan is well greased with butter (always recommended), and the contents of the bowl transferred to the pan, the proceed as described above.Print This Post