Very easy, nice cake recipe to have with coffee or tea. This is best served warm. Simply double to make a larger batch.
Preparation Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 oz sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 pack dry yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 oz butter,unsalted
- 1 egg
- 4 oz butter,unsalted
- 1 2/3 oz sugar
- Combine flour, sugar and pinch of salt. Create a small recess in the flour.
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm milk, pour in the recess, sprinkle with flour and cover. Let it rise for 15 min.
- Melt 1 oz of butter, let cool mix together with the egg and add to the dough.
- Knead well until dough is smooth and comes of the sides of the bowl easily.
- Cover the dough ball and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Knead again and roll out an oblong shape on a lightly floured surface. Fold in the edges and seal with a fork.
- Melt 2/3 oz of butter and brush the dough. With your fingers make little dips into the dough and fill the dips with small pats of butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar. Put the butter cake on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes on the middle rung at 390 F until golden brown.
Makes 6 Servings
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 500||Cal. from Fat 178|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 20.3g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 12.3g||62%|
|Monounsat. Fat 5.1g|
|Polyunsat. Fat 1.3g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 70g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.