This is a good way to use up old baguette style bread. Can be made as a breakfast, or indulgent snack.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 slices of slightly stale (within 1 – 2 days after initial serving) baguette
- Butter or margarine for frying
- In a deep dish, whip eggs milk and salt together.
- Place baguette slices in egg mixture, and allow to sit for 2 minutes. Then turn over.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter. Fry slices until golden brown on both sides.
* Serve with sugar and cinnamon, or favorite preserves.
Makes 4 Servings
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 265||Cal. from Fat 70|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 8g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||22%|
|Monounsat. Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsat. Fat 0.8g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 38g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.