This is a simpler version of the New Year’s Eve punch and my personal favorite. It is lower in alcoholic content than the Silvesterpunsch (avoid those hangovers!) and very pleasant to drink.
Preparation Time: Very little, but best started one day in advance.
Portions: About 10 as specified, can be adjusted.
- One 24 oz can or two smaller cans of canned fruit (strawberries, sliced peaches or pineapple chunks).
- 750 ml bottle of white wine (preferably Riesling).
- 750 ml bottle of champagne (not too dry).
- One day in advance: Put the canned fruit and the white wine into a large punch bowl. Keep in refrigerator until shortly before serving.
- When ready to serve, add chilled champagne to punch bowl.
- Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, to taste.
- Ladle into punch glasses including pieces of fruit. Serve chilled and provide cocktail spears for the fruit pieces.
The quantities given above will be appropriate for about 3 to 4 persons. Multiply for larger parties.Print This Recipe